Client of Cotton Court Mark Preston is running an SEO Workshop at Cotton Court next month! If you’re bamboozled by SEO then this is the course for you! Have a look below for details about what’s covered and how to sign up!
Entering the world of search engine optimisation as a small business owner can be totally daunting and a scary place to be. After all, one wrong move could send your online visibility plummeting but on the other hand – implementing the right SEO strategy has the potential to drive a constant flow of leads for you to convert into new customers.
Learn SEO from a true marketing pro
I am the person who goes into digital marketing agencies to train marketing professionals on SEO techniques, so when you attend one of my SEO workshop seminars, you are getting the real deal and total value for money. I’ll even allow you to pick my brains as I provide an ask me anything (AMA) slot in every SEO seminar I host. No pre-scripted questions. Just take full advantage of my decade and half of digital marketing industry knowledge.
Are my SEO seminars for you?
My seminars are tailored towards start-ups and small business owners who can’t afford to invest in an agency to help them with their online marketing presence but needs some solid advice and action points that they can use to help their business grow.
Introducing my one day SEO workshop seminar
Yes, this is a full workshop where you will need to bring your laptop along as I have found that the best way of learning is to do it yourself instead of me just waffling through a slide and having to wake you up because I might as well be speaking a foreign language.
My job on the day is to simply educate you on SEO techniques and make sure you have understood how SEO can help your business to grow.
Refreshments and buffet lunch included
As my SEO workshop seminars start at around 9:30 am and usually finish at about 4:00 pm, I don’t expect you to starve so you will be supplied with a constant flow of refreshments and a buffet style lunch.
What you will learn
I do tend to go off track a little during the day and don’t totally stick to the planned schedule as I want to make sure that each person in the room goes away at the end of the day with the knowledge they wanted to learn that will help their business. With this in mind – I do tend to tailor the day a little if that is what my trainees require.
The planned seminar schedule will cover:
>>> 9:00 am to 9:30 am – Welcome drink and networking
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
- Who are you and what do you do?
- What do you need to learn from today’s SEO workshop?
INTRODUCTION TO SEARCH ENGINES
- What exactly are search engines and how do they help us?
- The top three search engine players – Google, Bing & Yahoo
- Search engine’s journey of crawling and indexing
PAID SEARCH TRAFFIC vs ORGANIC SEARCH TRAFFIC
- The difference between paid and organic search
- Pros and cons of paid search
- Pros and cons of organic search
- Which is better – paid or organic search?
>>> 11:00 am to 11:15 am – Refreshment time
SEARCH ENGINE GUIDELINES
- What are search engine guidelines?
- The several types of guidelines you need to consider
- What happens if I don’t conform to the guidelines?
UNDERSTANDING KEYWORD RESEARCH
- What is keyword research?
- Why is keyword research important?
- How keyword research fits into a content plan
- The diverse ways of conducting keyword research
- Creating a keyword mapping plan
>>> 12:30 pm to 1:00 pm – Buffet lunch provided
- I hear ‘content is king’ – why?
- What do I need to know when writing content for my site
- When should you use a redirect?
- What you need to consider before you delete a page
- Understanding duplicate content issues
- What is on-page optimisation and why it is important
- Understanding search engine ranking factors
- What should you consider when optimising a page?
- How to optimise a page for a selected keyword
>>> 2:30 pm to 2:45 pm – Refreshment time
- What is off-page SEO?
- What are links and why they are important
- The basic science behind link building
- A discussion on some off-page SEO techniques
ASK ME ANY SEO RELATED QUESTION
>>> 4:00 pm – Finish
Between 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm, I’m always available for a chat if required.
All attendees will be provided with:
- A copy of all slides
- My local SEO guide (never been published)
- On-page optimisation checklist
- Website SEO audit checklist
To ensure I have the flexibility to tailor the day if required, I always limit every SEO workshop seminar to a maximum of 10 people.
As a small business owner, I understand that budgets are tight so I want to make my SEO seminars excellent value for money. The ticket price is only £149 per person, including refreshments and buffet lunch. If you have any dietary requirements, please inform me in advance.
Available dates and locations
I plan to travel around the UK, hosting my SEO workshop seminar to small business owners so if the location(s) below is too far for you to travel, just let me know as I’m always planning new locations.
My next confirmed seminar is on the 16th May 2017
Location: Cotton Court, Church Street, Preston PR1 3BY.
Free parking available on-site but limited. Alternatively, nearby multi-storey parking at PR1 1YT.
More dates and location to follow very soon.
Don’t miss out – Book your ticket now!
Original source: https://