New Year, New You? Part of our plan for 2014 is to work with our partners to put together a wide range of training courses and events. We have worked with Breathe Therapies to deliver a series of well-being programmes. If you need to develop confidence, quit smoking or manage anxiety, take a look at our programme overview to see how we can help.
Breathe are a lively, friendly, knowledgeable and expert team and all the therapists are still practicing in their chosen area. The team consists of mental health nurses, dietician, nutritionist, NLP Practitioner, Hypnotherapist, CBT Therapist and have over 100 years’ experience and training in the field of Health and Wellbeing!
Our plan is that each programme will be fun and subtly life changing! Make new friends, gain new understanding and learn how to Be the best you can be!
Choose the programme most suited to your interest or need right now. We believe EVERYBODY should learn this stuff in school, but as it’s not yet taught our expert team will fill the gap in a fun and engaging way!
Putting Good Stuff In! – Nutrition Programme
The Nutritional Management course offer an interactive and informed learning opportunity in understanding the needs of our body and how it works.
- Learn about meal planning, hunger, metabolic rate, portion sizes, the importance of vitamins and minerals and the effects of starvation and other behaviours on our bodies.
- There will be an opportunity for discussion and the use of food diaries is encouraged which aims to identify and change negative patterns of behaviour.
- Create a more balanced and informed relationship with both ourselves and food
Laugh in The Face of Fear – Anxiety Management Programme
Sessions aim to give you a greater understanding of anxiety and the physiological, emotional and cognitive effects and how to manage them effectively.
- Learn about the nature and origin of stress and anxiety
- Gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of your personal reaction to stress and anxiety
- Recognise your personal belief systems, thoughts and reactions and learn how to change them.
Food and Feelings – The Food Feelings Relationship Programme
In a safe and friendly environment you will explore your relationship with food and the connection to your emotional state.
- Learn about your ‘Food Script’ – What does it mean for you and what messages about food, weight, self-image do you carry and where do they come from?
- Use of food and mood diaries will help to highlight themes and behaviour patterns
- Understand different types of hunger and what they really mean!
- Learn to respond in new and healthier ways to the emotional and physical cues your body has cleverly prepared for you!
Stop Smoking the NLP Way – Effective Smoking Cessation Programme
This Neuro-Linguistic Programming approach to quit smoking will help you to understand how your negative self-beliefs about giving up the habit have restricted your progress!
- Find out what’s going through your mind in the need for weed!
- Learn new skills and drills to kick the habit!
- Encourage and be encouraged as you “Change the Way You Think Change the Way You Feel!”
Being a Confident You! – Raising Self Esteem Programme
These sessions aim to empower and develop your sense of self worth
- Understand how self-esteem develops
- Challenge negative self-exaltations
- Combat self-criticism and unhelpful rules for living
- Improve your self-esteem
- Learn to accept and enjoy who you are