Social media has transformed the way that companies of all sizes interact with their customers. Businesses can use Facebook and Twitter to reach over 30 million users. LinkedIn however is 4 times better for b2b lead generation than Facebook and Twitter.
- 91 % of experienced social marketers have seen improved website traffic due to social media campaigns and 79% are generating more quality leads.
- 75% of business owners have been put off a particular company due to their poor use of social media.
- Social media users who receive great service tell an average of 42 people (compared to just 9 for social absentees)
- 47% of customers are somewhat likely to purchase from a brand that they follow or like
- 40% of consumers prefer social logins over creating a new/guest account
- 65% of the world’s top companies have an active Twitter profile
- 90% of marketers use social media channels for business, with 93% of these rating social tools as “important”
- 72% of marketers who have worked in social media for three or more years said that they saw a boost in turnover due to social channels (the longer you’re working in it the better you get)
When developed and managed effectively, social media is an excellent free marketing tool available to your business. Using social media correctly can build brand awareness, target and convert customers, increase traffic to your website, develop targeted marketing activity, identify new product or service opportunities; thereby increasing your company revenue. Not Convinced? Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpMZbT1tx2o&feature=youtu.be
Cotton Court is hosting social media workshops in conjunction with 3ManFactory. This course is ideal for business owners, freelancers and anyone responsible for customer service, marketing or PR within their organisation that want to take the first steps into social media. Further information about upcoming events can be found on our events page.